Managing the Forest
Mendocino Redwood Company, LLC (MRC®) and Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC™) collectively consist of approximately 440,000 acres of redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands along the north coast of California. From the beginning, MRC and HRC’s stated purpose has been to demonstrate it is possible to manage productive forestlands with a high standard of environmental stewardship, and also operate a successful business. The company names were chosen to reflect the nature of the business and to pay homage to the important role of the local community associated with a timber business.
News & Features
- Comment period for MRC’s Habitat Conservation Plan extended — Read
- MRC to hold public workshops on its Habitat Conservation Plan — Read
- Timber Management Plan meeting Wednesday — Read
- Land agency’s new transparency policy is under scrutiny – Read
- Forester John P. “Jack” Sweeley honored – Read