Managing the Forest
Mendocino Redwood Company, LLC (MRC®) and Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC™) collectively consist of approximately 440,000 acres of redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands along the north coast of California. From the beginning, MRC and HRC’s stated purpose has been to demonstrate it is possible to manage productive forestlands with a high standard of environmental stewardship, and also operate a successful business. The company names were chosen to reflect the nature of the business and to pay homage to the important role of the local community associated with a timber business.
News & Features
- Accord nears among tree-sitters, timber company and environmentalists on the Mattole — Read
- Forestry practices hike returns to THP in Headwaters — Read
- Dealing with the lasting effects of a trespass grow — Read
- Forest Stewardship in Action – from the North Bay Business Journal – Read
- Time to change the story we’re telling about Humboldt County’s Future — Read