Managing the Forest
Mendocino Redwood Company, LLC (MRC®) and Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC™) collectively consist of approximately 440,000 acres of redwood and Douglas-fir forestlands along the north coast of California. From the beginning, MRC and HRC’s stated purpose has been to demonstrate it is possible to manage productive forestlands with a high standard of environmental stewardship, and also operate a successful business. The company names were chosen to reflect the nature of the business and to pay homage to the important role of the local community associated with a timber business.
News & Features
- HRC to host a free recruiting breakfast April 18th — Read
- Olle Lundberg, Design Principal at Lundberg Design, discusses his passion for environmentally responsible designs and why he chooses redwood — View
- MRC response to East Bay Express article “The Lumberman in Charge of Climate Policy” Read
- MRC letter to members of the Albion community Read
- Greenpeace case study on Mendocino Redwood Company in the FSC system — Read